Rhythm Small World
Important information before
using the clock:
1. Make sure to hang the clock firmly to the
a. The enclosed screw can be recommended to use only for a hard wooden wall. A
different screw may be needed for other wall types.
b. When hanging the clock, double-check that it is securely hooked to the mounting
2. Do not disassemble the clock for any reason. This could cause damage to its
intricate workings and lower its quality.
3. Do not place the clock in the following locations (to prolong its general
a. In a place of extreme heat or cold.
b. In a place of high humidity.
c. In a place which is often dusty.
d. Near stong sources of vibration or magnetism.
4. Do not use paint thinner or other harsh chemicals to
clean the clock case. Gentle soaps are recommended.
5. Change the batteries once a year (whether they arae
running low or not).
a. Exhausted batteries may leak damaging battery acid.
b. Use alkaline batteries from a reliable battery maker. (We have found that Duracell
brand batteries work the best for most quartz movement clocks.)
c. Change all batteries at the same time.
1. Please take note of the model number of the
clock. This is located on the lower portion of the back of the clock.
2. Carefully remove all shipping inserts:
a. Some models have packing materials inserted into the back of the clock to
protect moving parts during shipping.
b. In the case of the "Sign of the Time" (4MH744NR23) clock, two lock levers
on the back of the clock must also be pulled up.
3. Open the battery cover(s) on the back of the
4. Insert batteries, making sure they are placed
in the labeled orientations.
5. Close the battery cover(s).
6. Push the Reset button (located either on the back or
the side of the clock).
7. Turn the hand setting knob on the back of the
clock to set the time (or use the "hour" and "minute" buttons if the clock is from the "Dancing Hands"
8. To activate the hourly melody and motion, slide
the ON/OFF switch (located either on the back or the side of the clock) to the "ON" position.
a. One melody plays at the top of the hour, and multiple melodies
automatically change every hour.
b. The melody may not activate
properly when it first reaches the hour position after being reset.
This is not a defect, and the clock will activate properly from the next hour
9. To deactivate the hourly melody and motion,
slide the ON/Off switch to the off position.
10. To adjust the volume of the melody, turn the
Volume control knob (located either on the back or the side of the clock) to the desired position while a melody is playing.
11. To demonstrate the melody and motion, simply press
the Monitor button (located either on the back, the side of the clock, the lower front of the
clock, or as a pull-string below the clock). Pressiing the button
repeatedly while a song is playing, will cycle through the entire selection of
songs. This function always works, regardless of the ON/OFF switch
12. Some models also have a Display
button. Pressing this button allows the clock to be viewed in its
"fully open" position. Pressing it again will return the clock to its
original position. Try pressing it, and see what it does on your particular clock!
13. Remember to hang the clock firmly, straight and vertically on the
Musical clocks are equipped with a light sensor.
It detects ambient light levels and prevents the melodies from playing in the dark.
Since the melody and motion will not play in the dark, it is important to place the
clock in a well lit area.
Steps to set the Westminster
Chime on Westminster Series Rhythm Clocks
1. Remove the battery cover.
2. Before inserting the batteries, make sure to set the time at
around 5:50(A.M.) by turning the hand-setting knob on the movement.
3. Insert the batteries according to (+) and (-) marking in the battery
compartment. (When the batteries are inserted, melody function is
automatically set for 5:00 A.M. regardless of the time indicated on your clock.)
4. To set the time and melody, please make sure to turn the hand
CLOCKWISE. If present time is P.M., make sure hour hand passes
through 12 o'clock until the desired time is shown. While setting the
time, you will hear chimes, but continue until the desired time is reached. Once the desired time is set, the
melody will start sounding correctly. *The 4 x 4 mode will not work
correctly during the first hour after time is set. However, after that, it works perfectly. This is normal for